Sunday, February 24, 2008

Simple solution

"In that day there will be inscribed on the bells of the horses, 'HOLY TO THE LORD.' And the cooking pots in the Lord's house will be like the bowls before the altar." Zechariah 14:20
OK...here's the scenario. Three kids who can't go outside because the house is getting a new roof + chocolate chips & sugars & oatmeal that need to be used + cookie sheets that are already packed = using the skillet to make cookies! It worked perfectly!! The kids thought it was a novel idea and kept calling it a cookie cake. Plus, it added just a bit more seasoning to the skillet.

PS - The three kids belong to a friend helping my brother re-roof the house, 1 yr/3 yrs/8 yrs. Quite a handful since I only had one child of my own and he will be 21 this year. They really behaved very well, but I'm just not used to it. When they left last night, I stayed awake two more hours just to enjoy the peace & quiet!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

What a great idea and it looks delicious! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Kelli

photowannabe said...

clever solution for baking.
I know that sometimes after the grandkids leave I do the same thing. They are really great and no bother at all but its been just Hubby and I for a long time now and things get pretty quiet around here.