Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Perseverance

"Do not become weary in well-doing, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest if you do not give up." Galatians 6:9 NASB

I'm not sure why, but I've had a horrible time sleeping tonight. In fact, it's 4:42 am and I've not slept at all, yet. In the stillness of the night, the Lord brought this verse to my attention. Once again, His timing is perfect. In light of my recent commitment to submit my daily schedule to Him, this verse will be recalled quite often, I'm sure. Maybe you could share a favorite verse of yours.

Photo courtesy of Microsoft Clip Art.

7 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

My favourite lines....
"I lift mine eyes to the hills, from where my help comes"
Surrounded by hills and rolling countryside this brings a calmness & reassurance!

Petunia's Gardener said...

I wondered why there was such an early comment on my post. I hope you had a good day and ready for a night's sleep now.

Kelli said...

Such a wonderful verse. I will pray that you get a good night's rest tonight.
Thank you for all your sweet comments on my blog!
Kelli

photowannabe said...

In everything you do, put God first, and He will direct you and crown your efforts with sucess. Proverbs 3:6
that is one of the promises the Lord has impressed upon my heart and it gives me real peace and comfort.

dot said...

Beautiful verses from all! It's awful not being able to sleep so you certainly have my sympathy. Hope last night was better for you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Helpmate, I'm visiting from photowannabe's blog. Your post made me think of the story about Samuel lying down in the temple when God was calling to him (at first Samuel thought it was Eli--that was a really good story!). So I just had to look it up. Hope you're sleeping better now.

Parzifal Odinson said...

9 days I hung on that tree ,
Myself a sacrifise to myself

From Audens ...Eddas....