Thursday, February 1, 2007

Today is a new day!

"If I take the wings of the dawn,...even there Thy hand will lead me, and Thy right hand will lay hold of me." Psalm 139:9a, 10

Thank you for your concern these last two days. Last night I slept! I started to get tired around 6:30pm and was in bed, fast asleep, with the light still on, by 7:30pm.

This photo, taken this morning from our back deck, indicates the new energy I have through Him. Brilliant sun without a cloud in the sky. Today is day three of following His schedule rather than my own. I must admit He is much more productive than I. Mind you, I'm not moving at rocket speed; however, items are being checked off my "to-do" list.

Petunia's Gardener shared a thought which made me laugh: "Unusual travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God." Kurt Vonnegut. (I love to dance!!)

Then she asked, "So when something unusual pops up in the day, do you feel God's hand in it?"

Honestly, my first reaction is frustration because things are not going according to my plan; however, the last several days have been all about His plan. So, my answer would be that I'm still getting used the idea of allowing someone else to be in charge of my schedule. It gets easier each day because I love the results!

6 comments:

Naturegirl said...

I love the early morning sun I am always by a lake and I am one with nature.

photowannabe said...

Letting go and letting God is a really hard lesson for me to learn. I'm so happy you slept and feel the energy of a new day and a new month.

Susan P. said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I am so happy that you were able to get some much needed rest. It is amazing how much a good night's sleep can make you feel so much better:)

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your bible quotes. Yes, God's way is always best isn't it? I frequently forget to stop and pray when I'm confused.

dot said...

Glad you got some sleep. We would all do better if we let God be our guide.

Anonymous said...

The use of that quote is kind of funny, because Kurt Vonnegut is as large and open an atheist as they come...

see here.