Saturday, February 10, 2007

In every part of life

"For who can eat and who can have enjoyment without Him?" Eccl. 2:25

Many of you have expressed appreciation in the fact that I start each post with Scripture. Let me explain.

First, when I developed our blog, I was completely unaware of exactly how large the blog world is. After several weeks of searching other blogs, I was encouraged to find bloggers with Christian beliefs and values who expressed them freely. This was my first inspiration.

Second, I firmly believe the Lord is involved in every circumstance whether we acknowledge that or not. With each new post came a growing excitement to find a verse to match. The Holy Spirit has challenged me daily to NOT find a verse. (I am much more productive if I'm told I can't do something!) This was my second inspiration.

So far, I've been able to find just the perfect verse for the topic. Until today. I've spent almost an hour searching the concordance in the back of my Bible and an exhaustive concordance I have on the shelf, but to no avail. And now it's time to go to bed.

Maybe you can help. Can you find a verse that better explains the presence of God in every situation? I'd love for you to share it with me. I know it's hidden somewhere in those 66 books, but I'm just too tired to keep looking.

8 comments:

Petunia's Gardener said...

Hmmmm... might Romans 8:28 be one? Touching photo too.

Anonymous said...

Just perfect - I love the quote too

In fact I love all your posts - I am so glad you decided to start a blog

mrsnesbitt said...

I have favourite quotes, in particular "I lift mine eyes to th hills from where my help comes" I think of those words each time I look at the area we live in.

Farmgirl Cyn said...

How 'bout Romans *:38-39?...and ALL of Psalm 46!

photowannabe said...

How about Colossians 1:16-17?
For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on the earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.

Gill said...

I am afraid I am not that up on my Bible.
I love the New Testament, I think Jesus was quite the teacher.
I should read it more often.
I like reading your scriptures here, as they give me food for thought.
xo

savvycityfarmer said...

Oh my...there are so many...the peace of God that passes all understanding shall guard your heart and your mind....being the emotional mama that I am in my 50's...my heart or my mind has a tendancy to ache.....this is my mantra

dot said...

I like Psalms 46 also.