Sunday, February 4, 2007

Now that's what I call a fire.

"Fire shall be kept burning continually on the alter; it is not to go out." Lev. 6:13

After posting the firewood, I thought I'd post the scene I awoke to this morning. Even with a minimal supply of cured wood, Hubby was able to get a roaring fire going. His secret is to start with one or two pieces of split cured wood, get the fire really hot, and add green wood to keep it going. As it cools throughout the day, he simply throws in another piece of split cured wood. Works like a charm, as you can see.

However, we still rely on the furnace during the weekdays and at night after the fire cools. The Scripture quoted is our goal for next year.

8 comments:

Anna said...

I love your post...that sounds like a wonderful goal indeed to not let the fire go out...

I am not sure how you came to my blog but I am glad you visited and hopefully you will return! Thanks for your encouraging comment about my photos.

Clare and Mike said...

Mmmm, lovely and cosy! We have a woodburner and it is currently keeping us delightfully warm and toasty! Wish we could find a free and plentiful supply of logs though!

Naturegirl said...

Ah to warm our hearts...did you get my email?if not come back and post yours again...problems.

photowannabe said...

I love your scripture quotes on your blog. Its so uplifting. Do keep the fire burning in your heart as well.

Kelli said...

Thank you for sharing a photo of your warm and cozy fireplace. It looks wonderful!
Kelli

dot said...

Your fire place is beautiful and so is the fire!

Anonymous said...

Nothing like sitting around a fire on a chilly day.

Rebecca said...

Oooohhhh, I am JEALOUS! My husband grew up with wood heat and has conformed me to such a view. Unfortunately, we are paying the electric monster, since we rent. I can live vicariously through you though!

Thanks for stopping by my blog-it was nice to hear from you!