Monday, July 30, 2007

Count Your Blessings Monday


It's Monday and time to post another blessing. Marci started this weekly tradition and I'm loving it!

Check out her website to see who else is counting their blessings.




My blessing today is my incredible, very capable husband Eric. He's level-headed, street-smart, not afraid of hard work or learning new skills, self-disciplined, self-reliant, can read between the lines, knows how to work with people, puts butterflies in my stomach, and is my absolute best friend. My husband is perfect for me!!

When I started praying for a husband, my prayer was bold and quite descriptive as far as character was concerned. However, if God did bring me this kind of husband, was I the kind of wife to compliment such a man? How arrogant of me to pray for my dreams to come true if I wasn't willing to change. Well, God heard that side of my prayer and did some mighty work on me, as well. When God brought Eric into my life, there was no question that this was the man God had planned for me. And there was no question that I was the woman God had planned for Eric. We knew within the first three hours. Neither one was playing games. He had his list (actually written). I had mine (mental). As we talked that first time, we were checking off pertinent items.

In the end, he proposed on the second date and I accepted. We were married five months later and continually see the fingerprints of God on every part of our lives. We will always be newlyweds!!

5 comments:

Kelli said...

What a sweet post, Paula! What a wonderful blessing your husband is!
Kelli

photowannabe said...

Beautiful and touching. I like hearing the the Lord was the cornerstone for the two of you.
Incidentially, thats a great picture of the Happy Couple.

Marci said...

What a great story!!! Thanks for taking part in Count Your Blessing Mondays.

Kim said...

How beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing. I always learn the hard way, change is good when the Lord changes us.

TnFullQuiver said...

Paula,
It is so refreshing to hear of the love between a married woman and man. I feel the same way about my husband, and I always love to find other people who feel that way about their own mate sent from the Lord.
grace and peace,
julie