Tuesday, July 3, 2007

A measuring line

"Then I lifted up my eyes and looked, and behold, there was a man with a measuring line in his hand." Zechariah 2:1

Before we started laying tile, we determined where the center would be. You can see the lines at the top of the photo and then again on the timber. These reference lines are essential to making sure the tiles are straight.








In this case, a woman had the measuring line in her hand.

Putting tiles on the diagonal meant we had to cut. So much for uncut stones!





Measure the space. Transfer to the tile. Measure again. And again. And again. You get the idea!

Once I'm absolutely sure that I've measured and transferred correctly, Eric cuts the tile.





Eric and I work so well together. He trusts me completely. Not one time did he remeasure or check my work before cutting. That says a lot since I've never done anything like this before! He even tolerates my bent toward perfection by shaving off "just a bit more". He certainly is my perfect mate!


The result was fabulous!! At this point, everything is dry fit.

Once all the tiles were cut and placed, we removed them in preparation for the adhesive. Be sure to keep them in the same order!!


Tomorrow I'll share photos of the finished patio!

No comments: