Well, we're not building an alter - just a front step. However, we decided to use ceramic tile (uncut stones) rather than flagstone simply because the flagstone was too thick. We grabbed a few pieces that flaked off, and away we went.
The match is almost perfect!First things first: frame the new front step. Here's a close-up, but look at this post for a larger perspective. After framing, we added layers of gravel and sand as a base for the cement.
Adding the cement was really quite simple and went pretty quickly.
Here I am sealing the cement getting it ready for the next step.
I chose my best grungy clothes for this photo!!
The original front step had started to pull away from the house slightly which meant we needed to bring it back to the correct grade. Level Quick did the trick!
Stay tuned for tomorrow's episode when we see Eric and Paula actually lay the tile!